Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Running on Empty

Creatively, I'm tapped, strapped and dry right now. I have two stories due and I don't have the drive to get excited about the topic. True, the topics are serious - but I don't know if it's lack of sleep, the full-time day job, or the weather, or the city of Omaha (or possibly, just possibly...me), but it's getting harder and harder to get into this profession called journalism.

Journalists, writers, chefs, Web developers, singers, virtually every profession that requires you to create something out of nothing , will have its periods of burnout. There are floods of alternatives to 'break' this burnout - books you can read, drugs you can take, exercise and diet programs you can take or workshops you can attend. Still, nothing seems to be working.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home